Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 28 and 29: Modern Art...Not a fan.

Day 28/29:
Today was my day off during the week so I didn’t do much :) I watched Glee for a bit, then Rachel and I went shopping. She has been looking for a coat, so we found a really cute one that was not that expensive. SUCCESS! Holla! :) After that we went to get Kebabs (of course) and they knew us, so that was cute. Haha. Once we were done there, we went to Iceland (the store, not the country) and got some food for the week. Later that night, we decided to go see this British movie that we thought looked interesting. It’s called “Fish Tank” and it was…Interesting. It was about a girl who was a “dancer” aka the worst dancer I have ever seen in my life! And there was this part where these 4 girls tried to dance to “Me and U” by Cassie…Oh man, Rache and I laughed SOOO hard. They were TERRIBLE. I don’t know if they meant to be, but it was just AWFUL. You should google it. Haha :) Anyway, after the movie we went back to the flats and went to bed.
Day 29:
For Art in London we got to go to the Tate Modern. We were pumped! So, to get there we had to walk across the Millenium Bridge, which was famazing! Lots of fun seeing as though its not blown up for real, no worries. Once we got there, we went to the café and had coffee and muffins. Lucy, our tutor is so cute! We love her! She got us tickets for the POP art exhibit. It was very interesting and some of it was very cool. However, a lot of it was…different. There were 2 rooms full of basically just pornographic pictures which was just great ya know, not fawkward at all. No worries. Then, there was a bunch of really cool stuff from like Andy Warhol and other street painters and stuff. So one part of the exhibit was HILARIOUS! Because there was this really cute little girl with her dad, and they were walking towards us through these 2 rooms. Well, in the first room there was just a small, older, tv with a porno on it…Yeah, awesome. Don’t know how that is art, but whatever. The second room had a life-size horse with a stake stuck through the middle of it with a sign on it that said something or other…So this poor little girl walks in with her dad, who is trying to shield her from the tv, but she turns and sees it, covers her face and gets huge eyes, which was pretty funny, then the poor thing walks in the next room, sees the horse, and then starts to cry. It was terrible! I felt so bad, but it was also pretty funny. Oh man. There was sooo many weird things in that place. I cant even describe. I know one thing, modern art, for the most part, is NOT my thing. Oh well, the whole experience was pretty fun and great for being a class. Beats the run of the mill classroom experience if you ask me. After art Rachel and I tried our first pasty, which was REALLY good! We liked it a lot, but they are defintely not good for you. Once we got back to the flats I had another class, Politics, so that was fun. I love that class! So interesting and the guy is super cute. Overall, just an average day here in London. We didn’t really do much that night, just hung out. The next day we had our last day trip until Scotland, so holla! :)

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, modern art can leave a lot to be desired. I think some of those "artists" are laughing all the way to the bank. Porno, staked horses statues of the Virgin Mary made of dung...all pretty profound with deep meaning. I am anxious to hear you discuss some of the things you have learned about politics, about the news/media views. very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaweh! I agree. Not a fan at all. Lucy says that it constitutes as art because although the "art" is just ordinary stuff, nobody else has thought to do it, so therefore it is art...whatever. I dont care. lol Anyway, yeah, they tend to show/discuss a lot more than the U.S. does...Especially with terrorist-esque related news. Like they have been reporting different things that osama bin laden has apparently just said or the other day this terrorist leader who Americans thought were dead, showed up in Afghanistan again,so hes not so dead yet, etc. Its very interesting. Also, they like to sweat, show nudity, and not really censor their shat here...so that is interesting.

    ReplyDelete