Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Indian Food, K Space, and Religion! Yeah, London!

Alright, so now we are up to Wednesday the 28th of October! Phew! Time flies, eh?! Anyway, I skipped Tuesday because nothing happened. Wednesday was a bit more exciting…I had the day off, so I slept in for awhile and then I decided to clean for a bit. Overall the day was pretty boring, we didn’t do much. Then, we went out to dinner before the play we had to see for our Theater class. We decided to go to this Indian restaurant because none of us had been to one yet…yeah, pretty sure that was the worst idea I have ever had for myself. I had had Indian food before in Paris, and I loved it, I had no troubles. However, this Indian food was TERRIBLE. We all felt soo sick afterward. I thought I was going to die. It was soo bad. It really sucked that I felt so sick too considering the play we were going was a little show called, “Inherit the Wind” at the Old Vic starring the one and only KEVIN SPACEY!!!! Yeah, that’s right, I saw him perform live! It was AMAZING! I felt well enough to appreciate what I was seeing. The show was soo good too. It had a great message. I loved it! The lady sitting next to me was super cute too. She was this elderly woman who was from Australia, but moved to England a few decades ago. She was asking me all about the states and where I came from. She couldn’t have been cuter. Anyway, the whole play was great, but I was ready to vom, so I left right after it was over, unlike the rest of my class who stayed and hung out hoping to get Kspace’s autograph (that didn’t happen…). The rest of the night consisted of me sleeping my way to health, which worked! I felt like a million dollars the next morning! Super!
Thursday I didn’t do much considering that for art we are working on these papers that are pretty much our whole grade, so we didn’t really have class, we just had to research. I slept in and then went down to the National Portrait Gallery and did some research. It was really nice. When I had been there awhile, Lindsay and I went to this restaurant called “The Crypt” which is literally a crypt turned into a restaurant and gift shop. It was pretty neat. We ate in this small little alcove made of brick. It was awesome! Another thing checked off the list of things I wanted to do in London! :) After lunch, I had Politics class, which was interesting as always. I love my teachers, they couldn’t be cuter if they tried!
Oh! I forgot to tell you all, so for Global Issues on Tuesday, yeah, the day I didn’t talk about, we went and visited a Church of England parish in Barnes (a cute little area near Hammersmith, where our flats are). The vicar or priest made us coffee and cookies and showed us around as well as talked to us about what the Church of England is and how it differs from every other religion. Anyway, this parish had a catholic base, so its an Anglican Catholic church or something, it was pretty interesting to hear about how they put the 2 together. Also, it was really cool because the vicar talked about how there are all these different types of religions and parishes in Barnes, such as Methodists, Catholics, Jewish, Muslim, etc and they all get together for a get together every year and cook out and have different events and such. I thought that was really interesting how they can all come together as a community based on religion and get a long and find that similarity. Because as my mom always says, and the vicar said, they are all basically the same, just a little different.
Oh and after we left the church, I got lunch with Bob, Matt, and Rachel and then we headed off to Management…But then when we got there, we all decided that we shouldn’t have class that day because we didn’t feel like it. Darrin, our tutor who is taking over for Chris Bond while he is in Asia, had to go to the Arctic Circle (Norway) for a few days, so he wanted to get out of there early to finish packing. So, we didn’t have class, HOLLA! Early weekend!!!
So, now Im thinking I should have just written about Tuesday, oh well, you get the gist…Back to Thursday! After Politics I didn’t do anything, so there ya have it, a very exciting day! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment