Day 24 &25:
So! Off to the start of another week here in London! Sunday was a very lazy day. It started off very productive, but then it hit noon and I got lazy. In the morning I woke up at 8 and Sam and I walked the block to the laundromat where I then did 50 lbs of laundry…Yeah, next time im going to do it more often, instead of all at once. It was a really nice place and the owner was club super nice! I love it here :) Most people are really cute and you want to put them in your purse. Sam and I felt hella scuzzy though because we both were wearing sweat pants, pajama-esque tshirts, and had not showered…So! Basically, we felt amyed (judged) the whole way to the laundromat. Especially because everyone in London always looks hella nice. Rache and I have a count going and so far we have seen 13 people where some form of sweat pants…13…That’s not that much compared to where we come from. But then again, that’s America for ya. Love it! Haha :) Anyway, after laundry I came back, put it all away, had breakfast, and blogged about my ideals. It was very productive…But then Rache came home and we both decided that our beds looked really appealing, so we made the executive decision to take a nap…However, this is sort of a problem for me. When we moved in, I realized that my bed wasn’t up to par with all beds in the world… aka it is literally bent in half on one side and my mattress has decided to follow suite. So its kind of a danger to our health and well being…Especially since it’s the bottom bunk and Krista sleeps on the top…Therefore we are both afraid for our lives…Being the smart kids that we are we A. have now advised the landlord about the poverty bed and B. decided to use cooking pots to stabalize the bed until he can fix it or get us new beds….Oh and have I mentioned that although my bed IS comfortable, my back isnt liking the whole bent idea very much. Anyway, that was that…After about a 2 hour nap (hellz yea!) we decided to wake up and do nothing! Holla!!! But after awhile we got bored of nothing and decided to write our papers for Theatre in London, so we did that. All together, a very exciting night…Until DUN DUN DUN!!!! Our friend Ben has this girl that he is interested in and her facebook name is “Sulu El” but her real name is Sarah…So we were like Whaddahell? I decided that it was probably Sarah in Klingon, Vulcan, or Elvish…Needless to say I was wrong (figured this out because we went online and translated her name into all of these languages…Translators are easy to come by these days! They even do elmer fudd and shat! Holla), but we did get great ideas for new door decks for all of the rooms in our flat and the boys’ flat. Now everyone has there name written in Elvish with the meanings and phonetical spelling. LOVE IT! So funny! You may call me “Tariel” (Tahr-ee-ell) meaning, “Queen” (duh minkz…I could have told you that…nbd). Oh balls! We are winners. But it was pretty funny. Anyway, after writing my paper, making door decks, and helping Wiggy hang up his stoner cloth (he bought it at Camden Market aka the birthplace of punk) on his ceiling (don’t ask), I went to bed and dreamt that P wills (aka Prince William) and I were best friends. NBD. It probably will happen, don’t judge me. :)
Day 25:
So we got to sleep in today because class wasn’t until 10:15 (Holla). It only went for an hour, so that was hella nice. After class, Rache had to run errands, so I went back to the flat and hung out , did some homework, ya know, nothing exciting. When she came back, we walked down the street for about a mile and got kebabs. They are super good and really cheap! Love them! After that we went to a grocery store called “iceland” which reminds me of you, Dad. It seems like a European version of the european Aldi store that you love so much! Haha its pretty trashy, but their food is CHEAP! So we bought a good amount of stuff and it only cost me 15 quid. NOT TOO BAD! :) Then we went to work on our International Management presentations with Bob. Its not a hard class, but seeing as though none of us have taken a business course before, it was a bit of a challenge. I needed Boo Bear or Meran, someone with a business brain. Anyway, we had to act as a consulting firm and help a company that had had negative press against them. So we had to form strategies, an action plan, and write a press release. It went pretty quickly and we probably saved the company, nbd. And all this before dinner! Holla! :) After we finished, I called my dad, sister, and mom, and only my dad picked up, so thanks kids :) haha they were busy, nbd. I did get to finally talk to Pilg, so that made my life!!! She makes me so happy. Super cute that one! :) I miss everyone so much, but it truly is famazing here!!! I feel like its home. So that is really cool. I will talk to you all soon! Hope you are doing well!
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So at least I was there to talk! Thanks for calling! I enjoyed reading this episode of Taryn's Great Adventure. It was interesting! As I read your Sunday adventure I realized that I hadn't mentioned the priest that was at St. Rose Sunday. Your mother referred to him as Father Henny Youngman! He was quite entertaining -- and did have a good message.
ReplyDeleteCall again soon!
Good! I am glad that they found somebody that is doing a good job. HUGE shoes to fill there. Miss you! I will call again ASAP!!! No worries :)
ReplyDelete