Saturday, September 19, 2009

Days 11, 12, &13: Les Mis, P painters, and plays oh my!!! :)..Im lame, very aware.




Day 11, 12, and 13:
DAY 11 was FINGGERRRRR’s BDAY!!! Holla!!!! Happy Birthday!!! : ) I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you : (, but I hope you had fun anyway.
It is the start of the second week here, and I feel like Im definitely getting into the swing of things and forming a routine. The time is arleady starting to fly by, but I still look forward to December and I feel like I am going to be here forever. However, I was talking to the girls last night and I realised that when I leave, I’m going to miss it here a lot. We’ll see how it goes, but overall it will be a bittersweet goodbye I suppose.
We started Monday out with our theatre in London class, which was a ton of fun due to the fact that we were discussing Les Mis because we were going to go see it that evening. I WAS SOOO PUMPED!!! I FLOVE IT MORE THAN LIFE!!! After class we just hung out until we went downtown to get dinner and then to the show. I had the BEST caesar salad ever! Probably my favorite meal I’ve had since touchdown here. The show was FAMAZING , but a smaller version (i.e. cast, venue, sets, etc), not like when we went to the Ordway in Minnesota. It was overall a great night! Loved it too!!! : )
Day 12:
Oh Tuesday mornings, how fun you are! NOT. Haha, we have to brave our 2 hour journey to class at Rose Bruford for Global Issues. It’s not that bad once you get off the tube, but the tube is always just way tooo packed, kinda like a mosh pit at a screamo concert. It’s ridiculous, but its life in the big city. Man minkz, do I love that class though! It’s worth it to travel so far. Our tutor is amazing, and the discussions are very interesting and a lot of fun. We talked a lot about the European Union today and America’s position in the world. Needless to say, all topics are very much up my alley! : ) After class we me, Rache, and the boys headed back to central London to meet up with Bond, Chris Bond for our International Management class, which was also very interesting. Overall, a very good day of classes! Later that evening, I did laundry, went grocery shopping, and just hung out and did homework.


Day 13:
Wednesdays, how I love thee!!! My free day : ) No classes, so I didn’t do much haha. I hung out with the girls in the morning and we went to TESCO to buy stuff for dinner that evening. It was David’s bday, so the girls (well, just Rache and I because the other girls had play rehersal) were going to make the boys dinner (next week they are making us dinner, so its fair : )). However, before we could do dinner, we were forced to go to a play at the National Theatre on the Thames, for a viewing of the best play of 2008, Pitman Painters. I’m glad we were forced, because it was really good! I enjoyed it a lot, very funny and interesting. It actually paralleled what we were talking about in Art in London, what makes art art and its meanings and stuff. You should read what it is about, its actually a really cool story. We also sat by some really cute elderly couples during the play, who talked to us and asked us questions, it was very nice : ). After the play, Rache and I cooked dinner and the boys came over. We had a good time just hanging out, but it was a full day, so we all went to bed early because we had classes the next day (yay…).

No comments:

Post a Comment