


Day 17 and 18:
So Sunday was a pretty fun day, full of relaxation and exploring. I got up at a good time (9am) and decided to catch up on some tv shows that I miss in America. That was fun! I miss tv…We don’t have ours hooked up here because it doesn’t make sense, which is a good thing. Rache and I decided to go to Hyde Park to do homework because it was a pretty nice day. We packed a lunch and set off on the tube to Hyde Park Corner. When we got there, we accidentally took the wrong exit out of the tube station. This is a very easy thing to do because the underground, especially at bigger stops like that, have many different exits and tunnels that lead to various places. So! Rache and I THOUGHT we were going out the correct exit, but man were we wrong! We get out of the tube station and see a big bunch of grass/trees with buildings around, so we figure its probably Hyde Park, nbd. We keep walking and then we realize that it didn’t look familiar. Also, it didn’t help that it was the Mayor of London’s skyride program, so there were people on bikes EVERYWHERE! We continued to walk and realized that there was a large brown, brick wall with barbed wire and cameras on the top with police marking the entrance every 30 yards or so…SO, here we were, la dee da, thinking perhaps that Hyde Park increased its security or something…yeah, right…WELL! All the sudden, we keep walking around the block, it’s a pretty big block I must say, and low and behold there starts to be more and more cafes/shops/etc that seem to be marked with the term “palace” and stuff…Yeah, walk for a bit longer and on our left we see the Royal Mews and im like, huh, that’s weird...Look farther up the street and oh yeah, nbd, there, in all its glory is none other than the Queen’s crib itself, BUCKINGHAM PALACE! HOLY BALLS!!! Soo pumped! I was like, REALLY?! I WOULD accidentally run into the frackin palace! The one place in London I have REALLY REALLY wanted to see! Oh man! Haha but it was a ton of fun! Loved seeing it! We are actually going to tour it for real on Wednesday hopefully. But anyway, so after recovering from our shock, we said goodbye to the palace, due to the fact that we both forgot our cameras (of course) and found Green Park, the park RIGHT smack dab to the left of the palace. So we sat on a bench in view of the palace and ate some lunch. However, this task was not going to be simple…Why you may ask? Oh I dunno, maybe because for some reason I scream Snow White to the frackin animals in parks! Okay, so one pigeon comes and I ACCIDENTALLY drop a part of my cracker on the ground, he goes for it, and all the sudden another pigeon pops up, and then another, Im like huh, and look up and OH MAN! What do I see? Yeah, 20 pigeons literally flying at me!!! It was scary! Im like RACHE WHY DIDN’T WE BRING A TENNIS RACKET! It was so scary! Im like, hello! Who called Alfred Hitchcock, def. not me! K, thanks. Ya know? Oh man…It was bad minkyz…But it was pretty funny. Rachel came to my rescue though and ran them out with her feet. They have some balls those pigeons. Although most of the pigeons left us, the original pigeon, you could pick him out because he had red eyes (yeah…) and weird coloring…So I of course dubbed him, “Lucifer”or Lucy for short…Yeah, we became best friends. He never left the whole time we were on the bench…Well, until Mr. Bubba T. Squirrels decided to enter the picture…And if you think the pigeons had balls, you havent seen anything yet! That squirrel literally was about a cm away from my toe…and Rache decided to throw a piece of cheese right by my toe for him…Pretty sure I thought he was going to bite my toe off…Not cool…But basically it was like Animals gone wild at the park! Made it pretty hard to do homework…Oh and to add a little cherry on top, there was a “dance crew” if you can call them that…Were playing Thriller over and over and attempting to dance to it…So that was pretty entertaining…Good times. Overall, a very interesting day at the park! Not gonna lie… After the park we just went back home, ate dinner, hung out, and went to bed.
Day 18:
Monday, Monday, holla, holla…Today wasn’t too bad because for our Theatre in London class we were going on a tour of the oldest theatre in the world (I guess…Or so they claim). The theatre was called something London and Drury Lane. It was pretty interesting and had a lot of really cool stories. We went underground under the theatre to their tunnels and such, and it was really cool how they all used to be connected to various parts of London. The tunnels under the theatre used to connect to places like the Thames, brothels, pubs, and hotels. It was really interesting. Then they just gave us some history on theatre and I guess at that praticular theatre, they held the first musical, first woman to ever act on stage, first periodical play, first costume design,and a bunch of other things. Needless to say, the theatre majors were in heaven apparently!
The theatre was located in the Covent Garden area, so there were tons of trendy shops and pubs to go see and look around in. There were markets, theatres, and places to eat everywhere, so Rachel and I picked one at random to eat lunch. It turned about to be an amazing choice! When we walked in there were posters of all different types of American bands and celebrities, plus hockey was on tv, so rachel was pumped. I ordered my first real burger on the trip, and it was FAMAZING!!! I was in heavan! After we ate we headed back to the flats, to only be able to chill for a bit, and head back to Covent Garden to see a play.
The play we went to that evening was FAMAZING too! I think Wog and Twirkass would love it! It was called, ‘War Horse’ and it was about WW1 and a boys relationship with his horse. All of the horses were actually puppets that were to the size of real horses and controlled by 3 ppl inside the puppet. People road them and they were really life like, other than the fact that you could see the wood on them. It was an incredible show and really heart-warming. I loved it! I would def. recommend it to anyone who came to London…So there you go, when you come to visit me you can go! No biggie. Other than the show, nothing else happened, we headed back home and went to bed. It was all together a pretty good day!
I hoped you sang Thriller at the top of your lungs when those people were dancing! Okay another request! Find the O2 Arena where Michael Jackson was supposed to have his 50 concerts take a picture! Thanks! : ) Way to stumble on the Palace! ;)
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAH Oh of course I did!!! :) And I will do my best! :) Oh surry, I miss your face! Thanks for the tag in the pup pup pics!!! Made my life!!!
ReplyDeleteLike I said they don't make prozac for pigeons...
ReplyDelete