Alright Day 4! I hope you know that when things start to speed up here, this isnt going to be a day to day thing! Lol. But! For now, it is. You’re welcome. We had 2 classes today, Global Issues and International Management. For Global Issues we have to travel to Rose Bruford College which is about a 45 minute train ride across London. But first, we had to take the tube to the center of London to Charring Cross. Okay, the tube during the week, especially in the mornings, is ridic minkz (ridiculous)!!!! There are SOOO many people! Basically, I had to make like 6 new best friends, we were THAT close. Haha. No, but it was fine…Except for being FWARM and having to stand next to all of these people for like a 20 minute tube ride…not so fun. Finally, we got to the train station, bought tickets, and got on the train, which was far less crowded and actually had room to breathe. It was a really nice ride and we got to see a lot of London. It looks like it came right out of the story books. All the houses pushed together with their chimenys, covered in brick and historical architecture. It’s a beautiful site! There were also friendlier people on the train. All very smiley and kind. Rose Bruford is located in a smaller suburb I guess you could call it, but its still in London. The town is very cute and we actualy have to walk through a little park area to get to the college. The college itself is a weird, but very cute, little place that looks like it was just kind of thrown together. There is a mansion on the grounds with a pond full of swans and geese (SUPER CUTE!!!). Inside are the offices and a few classrooms. All of the classrooms at the school are actually just rehearsal rooms with a few chairs here and there, maybe a piano, or mirrors, because Rose Bruford is a specialized school for the Arts. Its very interesting. There is a lot of color, and art everywhere. Our Global Issues is in a separate building full of studios, and we all sit in a circle and discuss global issues, duh haha. We got into a heated discussion about the American Dream and how it changes from person to person and if there is actually still an american dream, etc etc. It was a really great class, and the tutor is FAMAZING!!! His name is Steve Dikes and he actually taught at UWLa Crosse for awhile. He married someone from Minnesota, so it was really cool meeting a British guy who knew the area where I lived very well. He has so many cool ideas and insights on issues. I really think his class is going to be phenomenal.
After a three hour class, we ran back to London (literally…just kidding, we took the train…but we pretty much had to run to catch it) and headed to our classroom space for International Management. I was nervous because I have never taken a Business class before, but after meeting Chris Bond, our tutor, I am not worried at all! This class is actually PERFECT for my major! Its all about culture and how business kind of fits into it. We had to take a quiz about all of this stuff that I SHOULD have known between Gaut (my history teacher from last semester at SMU) and D Lynch (my poli. Sci. teacher and advisor from SMU) , but I couldn’t remember. It was an awesome class though. He was so interesting. He has an American mother, so he goes there quite a bit. But he speaks French fluently, has visited over 80 countries, and has lived in something like 30 of them …its ridiculous, but so cool. What a finterest minkz (interesting) man! I think this class will be a huge payoff for me in the end! So glad I am taking it.
Tomorrow I have NO classes, so I am club super pumped! But, I am going to bed early because I am so tired still.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad "Bond. Chris Bond" is making the class so fascinating. Your classes sound very interesting and in such incredible surroundings. That 0 degrees of separation thing with Mr. Dikes is unreal. Small world stuff...
ReplyDeleteYAWEH!!! Thats what I thought! :)
ReplyDelete