Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 8: CAMBRIDGE HOLLA!!!! :)






First day trip today: CAMBRIDGE!!! Soo pumped!!! We had a really nice coach bus all to ourselves (12 ppl), so it was comfortable. It was about a 2 hour drive to get out of London and to Cambridge. Very scenic, saw a lot of really pretty rolling green hills, horses, and very cute olden time houses. England is club super pretty! Im so blessed to actually SEE it!  Once we got to Cambridge we went to the University which is actually a small town with a lot of shops, restaurants, and pubs. The university is made up of about 32 colleges and they all have courtyards and are architectually stunnning. The university town is surrounded by the river Cam with a bunch of bridges that connect the various colleges to gardens and other parts of the town. Hence the name Cambridge. Its all soo BEAUTIFUL. We started out with a tour of the university by a cute old lady named Catherine. She took us all over town and told us all about it, obviously, hence a tour. But my favorite part was when we went to King’s Chapel. It was out of this world for a University. It was built by 2 kings, one being Henry the 8th who finished the church. His part is all intricitely sculpted, with a lot of detail that all represents his family and wives. The stories that she told us about the chapel, were so interesting. I loved it!!! After the tour, the girls and I went to the Eagle pub and eatery in town which is the most popular and famous pub and eatery in Cambridge. It was really pretty and had a ton of history behind it. In the bar part of the pub there are names written in cigarette smoke on the ceiling from the RAF troops from WW2! Here is also where I had my FIRST fish and chips!  I was pumped! It was actually pretty good, I was nervous. Then came the BEST part of the trip! Punting!!! Aka sitting in a little canoeesque river boatish thing, very similar to the gondola rides in Venice. The guide takes you around the river Cam under all the bridges so you can see the colleges in all of their glory. We had the best guide ever, and his name was Ed. Club super cute and so nice! We loved him  The ride was so relaxing and GORGEOUS! FLOVED IT!!!  It lasted about 20 minutes or so

4 comments:

  1. Taryn!!!
    This seemed amazing! Flove the pictures! I really like all the detail in the buildings and in the bridge. So glad you are have a club super pumped time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! More fabulous than I imagined. Great pictures on Facebook too. And, okay, Ed's pretty hot( yeah, I know, 15 and 56 strikes again. What do they say about going to school there? Is it a competitive environment like our Ivy League schools or does it seem like they go to learn for the sake of learning. One can sometimes tell by how well students act--cold, distant like their souls have been sucked out or friendly and nice with smiles on their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elle Belle!1 :)

    Yeah, its GORGE ass!!! I floved Ed soo much! haha about your comment though.

    We actually went during the students holidays, so no students were present. But they have a lot of school pride and wont even utter the name oxford. They will call it "the other place." Its HELLLA competitive and you need like FLAWLESS grades and a Famazing interview. I think they pretty much have hella rigorous training and cant have jobs etc, its all studies. So Im sure they have fun, but its much like the ivy leagues in America.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Langauge, art and imagery is "interesting!"

    ReplyDelete