Alright! So, pretty sure I havent updated in awhile, I am sorry, but my life has been HELLA boring up to 2 days ago. I will give you a brief overview of what happened this last week…Tuesday we had classes all day, so that was exciting. Then that night Rachel and I went on a walk throughout the neighborhood. So, that was Tuesday. Wednesday I had the day off, so I slept in for a bit, then I watched Footloose. Don’t ask me why, I just did. Good times! Then later that afternoon, Rachel went to TESCO and bought a TON of food, so we cooked up a storm. For dinner we made chicken, lamb, potatoes, and vegetables. It was epic. I am actually pretty proud of my cooking skills on this trip ;). Rachel had a bit of trouble cooking the lamb…it took about 3 hours…And then it looked sketch minkz, but shes not dead, so that’s a plus. Anyway, it was NAST minkz!!! When you pressed on it, blood came out…It was terrible. Baa Baa black sheep have you any wool? No, because Rachel ate it all! OH NO. It was soo sad! I know, I know, I have no problems eating chicken and beef…But it has always been worse with Lamb, I don’t know why. Anyllama! That was Wednesday, sooo exciting, I know, you all are on the edges of your seats!!! So then if you follow the chronological order of a week, you get to Thursday. On Thursday, there was no class for Art, so we slept in, and had a relaxing morning. Unfortunately, I had to go to class at 2, so I did that, which was pretty exciting. Afterwards, we did nothing! It was a great time! :) Im pretty sure we just hung out and thought of our dreams and aspirations…aka I booked trips to Paris and Dublin for Rachel and I, so that’s exciting!!! While im on the topic, I would like to share this with you…We all have 6 weekends left here in London before we go on our 2 week travels, and then home. Well, Rachel and I will be here for a grand total of 1 of those weekends! Holla! Yeah, we will be busy… So, this coming weekend we are going to York. Then the following weekend we are going to Oxford and the Cotswolds, I couldnt be more pumped :) ! Apparently, the exchange rate is amazing right now? But, if its not, we are not going…So I need to get on that to figure things out. Finally, the following weekend is Halloween, which will be our final weekend in London aka tourism galore and scary attractions. The weekend after that (November Holla!) we are going to Scotland. Then the following weekends are Paris (with steve howe!!!) and then Dublin!!! SOOO PUMPED FOR LIFE!!! :) Im going to be in debt SOO bad, but I don’t care! Its about the experience!!! So I am going to jump back to describing my week…I think we left off on Thursday, which I am done with, so now Friday! We had ANOTHER day off! So, I decided to be productive and did my laundry (which cost me my spleen, aka its fexpensive! It was 6 pounds to wash and dry one load, so about $10…CRAZY). After that, we went to Tesco and bought food for the rest of the week. While at the grocery store, Rachel got the idea to dye her hair! So, we did that when we got home! Now she has dark brown hair! Its soo pretty! I dyed it, and I was nervous that I would screw up, but it actually looks really good, so HOLLA!!! After we dyed her hair, Sam came home and so we had a mini girls night. We ate ice cream and watched Varsity Blues, hella fun times!!! Alright, brace yourselves for one of the best weekends of your…Well, technically my life, anyway! Are you braced?! GOOD!!!!
Saturday we (Rachel and I of course) went to WINDSOR CASTLE!!!! AKA the Queens favorite and mostly weekend residence!!! It was FUGE and on a hill and STUNNING!!!! Oh man, was it gorgeous!!! Yeah, pretty sure one of the highlights was going into the chapel and seeing the home of the Order of the Garter and also walking over Henry the 8th’s, Jane Seymour’s, and Charles the something’s graves! It was GREAT! I couldn’t believe they were ACTUALLY there, buried under my feet. It sounds weird, but it is an awesome feeling that so much history is ACTUALLY there and not in a book. We also saw the place where they laid the Queen Mother and Queen Elizabeths dad to rest. It was beautiful! The whole of Windsor was just so decorated and inside the castle was a small city. There are over 150 people who live inside and everything is sooo cute!!! I love it!!!! I want to live there sooo bad!!! It was probably by far my favorite part of the journey so far! I loved loved loved it! Windsor was only an hour train ride outside the city of London. So, not only was Winsdsor in the city of Windsor, but so is ETON COLLEGE!!! Okay, for those of you who are not aware, I have a freakish obsession with private, british boarding schools. I think they are awesome! And hella interesting…So! It was only fitting and like seeing Mecca for me, that Eton was there! It is the most famous and elite boarding school in all of England. Both princes and a ton of prime ministers attended the school. Unfortunately, it was shut down for tours, but we got to see it and it was BEAUTIFUL! I bought a guide book , if anyone is interested. Sadly, I had to leave my heaven (windsor and eton) and go back to London. 0nce we got home we ate some dinner and then we planned some more of our lives and Rachel read me stories about Henry the 8th, in a British accent of course. It was a great day!!!
AND THE WEEKEND STILL ISNT OVER!!!
SUNDAY! Aka FUNDAY! We started the morning with some Yoga, aka I had to stretch my calf meat because I felt like I had a charlie horse! It blew minkz spleen! Then I ate breakfast, THEN! THEN!!! We (Rachel and I of course) went to the Tower of London!!! HOLLA!!!! It was GLORIOUS! And FUGE! I loved it sooo much!!! I didn’t realise that it was so much more than just a few tours. All the Beefeaters (gaurds) live inside the walls as well as the governor. It was absoulutely FAMAZING!!! We took a tour with a beefeater, who was hilarious and had so many interesting stories. After his tour, we went and saw the crown jewels (BEAUTIFUL, STUNNING, HOUSE OF BLING to the nth DEGREE!!!), not a big deal…And then toured the place. There is a special exhibition of Henry the 8ths items that will never be all together ever again, so we saw that. It was all of his armour, some of his clothing, all of his weapons, and some other stuff. It was so cool! I loved my life on Sunday! :) Anyway! After the Tower of London, we walked the 100 feet or so to the TOWER BRIDGE!!! OH MAN MINKZ!!! I am in LOVE with TOWER BRIDGE! I am going to be it for Halloween(not really)!!! I love it so much! Its stunning!!! We walked up the 70391 stairs (Finger, I thought of you because remember when we had to walk up the Arc de Triomphe in Paris and there were all those stairs and we were laughing so hard? Yeah…that happened again! Aka it is Londons idea of a stair master) and got to the top. It was gorgeous, but rainy, oh well! I loved it! I love this city!!! SUPER CUTE!!! :O) Basically, I had a FAMAZING weekend! After the bridge we just went back to the flat and made chicken parmesan (HELLA GOOD!) and did homework. That is your anti-climax for this weekend, but I don’t think much can beat it around our flat…Oh well. Well, I miss you all and cant believe its already pretty much mid-october! Its CRAZY! But I have soo much more to do here! I will keep you posted! Love you all!
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh em gee T, ha ha rhyme! I am so excited at everything you are seeing!!! I loved you remembering me and the l'arc de triomphe stairs,..holy hell worst night of my life, except for the eiffel tower, that sucked too, but yeah, i love how every time i read an entry (yeah, i am now a religious regular in your blogosphere) there is something else you love and think is the best thing you've seen/done/ate...i am so happy for you!!! Even in your deep trenches of poverty, will you go with me sometime to somewhere in L'Europe?? like Finger & Tinger take the world?
ReplyDeleteIt is always a joy to your read your blogs!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy that you are having the time of your life!! I also can't believe it is mid october! P.S. I think I figured out my life! So we should probably talk sometime! : ) Love you! ♥
ReplyDeleteTK!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fabulous weekend! Flove that you dyed Rachel's hair! And you say the Windsor Castle! Also, pumped that you saw the boarding school! SO FUTE! You make me laugh! Love Ya!
Thank you all!!!
ReplyDeleteFinger: We DEFINITELY NEED TO DO THAT!!!! :) Sooo much fun! Love you!
Pog: Thanks Dad!!! Love you!
Surry Xurry: REALLY? AHH!!! I will defintely do that!!!! I will ask you for your number on fbook and then I will give you a call! LOve you!
Elle Belle: Thank Elle!!! You are soo cute!!! I miss your life! Love you too!!!